Data and Analysis Unit: EXE6
Last update: 2014-10-27 by Andy Wills
Match-to-standards classification task with digit-counting concurrent load task,
reported in Wills et al. (2013, QJEP, Experiment 1B).
This DAU contains stimulus files, raw data,
and an analysis script, in open
cross-platform formats (see the file format notes)
The APA-format citation for this resource is:
Wills, A.J. (2014). Data and Analysis Unit: EXE6. Retrieved from http://www.willslab.co.uk/exe6
If you make use of these resources, please drop me an email: email@example.com.
- exe5stim.tbz (69 KB) - Stimulus image files (from EXE5 archive).
- exe5stimAudio.tbz (2.2 MB) - Audio files for concurrent load task (from EXE5 archive).
- exe6data.csv (232 KB) - Trial-level raw data. Reaction time for
observing the prototypes (prior to presentation of to-be-classified stimulus)
was not recorded. Column headings are as follows:
- cond: Experimental condition. "load" = Concurrent load, "noload" = No current load.
- subj: Participant number (unique within EXE6)
- phase: Experiment phase. "prac" = practice phase, "exp" = main phase.
- block: Experiment block (starts at zero for practice block)
- trial: Trial number (resets between blocks)
- stim: The to-be-classified stimulus presented, numbers refer to stimulus file names in exe5stim.tbz (in the
practice phase, this is set to zero).
- resp: Participant's classification response (A = category A, B = category B)
- rt: Participant's reaction time for classification response (in milliseconds)
- rtiti: Time between participants classification response and them pressing SPACE to begin the next trial
- exe6classic.csv (1 KB) - Subject-level raw data for the classic "combined"
analysis used in match-to-standard tasks. This is where each block is classified as UD, OS, or Other, on the basis of
both the objective sort produced, and the participant's description of that sort (see paper for details). Participants'
descriptions were not archived for this study.
- exe6analysis.R (4 KB) - R script for the analyses of Wills et al. (2013, QJEP).
The following resources are not formally part of the archive, either because they do not use open formats,
or because they have not been thoroughly bug-checked, or both. They are provided in case others
find them useful, with absolutely no warranty!
- exe5eprimeLoad.tbz (9 KB) - Code for running the
Experiment 1B concurrent load task under
E-prime 2.0 (from EXE5 archive). Developed from original code used in experiment, which was E-Prime 1. This E-prime 2 version has not
been thoroughly bug-checked. Requires audio files in exe5stimAudio.tbz to be extracted from that archive and
placed in same directory as ES2 file. Must be run on a different computer to exe5eprimeMTS.tbz, with a parallel port
connection between the two computers (MTS program starts and stops digit stream through this link).
- E-prime script for MTS task can be easily created by modification of EXE5 script.