Data and Analysis Unit: NUS1
Last update: 2014-11-06 by Andy Wills
Contingency learning experiment with concurrent load, reported by
Wills et al. (2011), Experiment 2.
DAU created after publication in response to request for raw data.
This DAU contains stimulus audio files, raw data, and an analysis script, all in open
cross-platform formats (see the file format notes).
The APA-format citation for this resource is:
Wills, A.J. (2014). Data and Analysis Unit: NUS1. Retrieved from http://www.willslab.co.uk/nus1
If you make use of these resources, please drop me an email: email@example.com.
- Stimulus audio files - see exe 2
- nus1data.txt (2.4 MB) - Trial-level raw data.
Column headings are as follows:
- date: Date paricipant was tested (in MM-DD-YYYY format)
- cond: Experimental condition (1 = Both Load, 2 = No load, 3 = Train load, 4 = Test load)
- cb: Counterbalance condition (see nus1code.txt. Note that cb = -1 where phase = 1,
as counterbalance condition is irrelevant in the practice phase)
- subj: Participant ID (unqiue within NUS1)
- phase: Experiment phase (1 = practice, 2 = training, 3 = test)
- blk: Block (Always = 1 in phases 1 and 3. Ranges from 1 to a maximum
of 8 for phase 2. Critertion-based training, so max. blk varies by participant)
- trial: Trial number (resets for each block)
- stim: ID of presented meal (see nus1code.txt)
- resp: Participant's response to presented meal ( 0 = No reaction , 1 = Reaction )
- rt: Participant's reaction time to presented meal in milliseconds
- d1: First digit presented in six-digit load task (-1 where no digit presented)
- d2...d6: as per d1.
- probestim: Probe digit presented.
- proberesp: Participant's response to probe digit
- probert: Participants' reaction time to probe digit in milliseconds.
- nus1code.txt (1 KB) - Shows mapping from food stimulus
ID ('stim' in exe2data.txt), physical food names, and logical food labels (A,B, etc). The last
of these is contingent on counter-blance condition. Column headings
are as follows:
- stim: Stimulus ID number (used in nus1data.txt)
- Food: Physical food name(s) presented
- CB1code: Logical food labels (A,B,...) where in first counterbalance condition (cb=1 in nus1data.txt)
- CB1type: Logical food category where in first counterbalance condition. Categories are as follows:
- famP: 'familiar positive' i.e. item present during training that is followed by an allergic reaction.
- famN: 'familiar negative'
- MN, OP, K/L, O/P: As described in Wills et al. (2011)
- CB1corr: Correct response where cb=1 (0 = No reaction, 1 = Reaction). For novel test items,
correct = the rule-based response (e.j. 0 for IJ)
- CB2code: As CB1code for cb = 2
- CB2type: As CB1type for cb = 2
- CB2corr: As CB1corr for cb = 2
- nus1analysis.R (10 KB) - R script for all analyses
reported in Wills et al. (2011, Experiment 2). In addition, analyses of relative performance of +ve and
-ve patterning problems during training phase (requested by E.Maes, April 2014). Further addition -
proportion of rule-based participants in full attention condition of Experiment 2 (used for Maes et al., in prep).
The following resources are not formally part of the archive, either because they do not use open formats,
or because they have not been thoroughly bug-checked, or both. They are provided in case others find
them useful, with absolutely no warranty!
- nus1eprime.tbz (190 KB) - Eprime 2.0 Professional scripts.
These are not the scripts used to collect the above data and they have not been fully bug tested.
The archive contains eight .es2 scripts; two for each of the four conditions. "Load" is load at both training and test.
"NoLoad" is the absence of load at both training and test. "TrainLoad" is load during training but not
during test. "TestLoad" is load during test but not during training. "A1" and "A2" denote the two
stimulus counterbalance conditions (for food names). The WAV files for the load task, and the
graphics files needed for the practice phase are also included.